This probably should have been put up first, but I’ve only recently started developing it, now having several books to base my ratings off of.
I am by no means even nearly a good reader/reviewer, even if I’ve developed an amateur system. But everyone is entitled to his/her non-aggressive opinions, and my book reviews aren’t usually very aggressive-bordering-on-dangerous, so I feel legitimate enough to post them.
First off, this system by no means apply to anyone else who contribute their reviews on this blog.
Secondly, this is still a work-in-progress. Amateur, I know.
Thirdly, my rating system is out of 5 stars.
- One star for good plot or storyline
- One star for dynamic, rounded, memorable character(s)
- One star for amazing lessons/philosophy/values
- One star for exceptional writing
- Last star for the je-ne-sais-quoi, the WOW-factor, that star-quality. (So much feels! I couldn’t put the book down!)
- One star for fascinating, novel facts
- One star for professional, objective presentation of those facts
- One star for engaging delivery of those facts
- One star for passion that shines through the pages
- One star for changing my entire view on life